Garmin, a brand which is widely recognized as one of the best GPS companies that offer GPS products to help you with the accurate navigation system. You can buy them and use in your car while driving. Not just the automotive but the brand offers cutting-edge GPS navigation products in aviation, marine, recreation, outdoors and in the fitness industry as well.
To make you aware of the recent changes in your routes, maps, outlets, etc, they keep updating their devices and you need to update them occasionally. To perform it, you need to know about ‘How to update Garmin GPS free? Talking about the updates, there are mainly two types, one is free and other is paid. To make this process happen, Garmin offers a wonderful tool which is used to register, manage and update your device. The tool is ‘Garmin express’ which can be used in both windows and IOS operating system.
Know more about Garmin Express App
Manage your GPS device from your desktop using Garmin express tool. This tool is made available on Garmin’s official website. Stay up-to-date and avail a number of features using this one-stop solution. You can use it for the following activities:-
- Update maps
- Update software
- Install free voices and vehicles
- Register your device
- Back up, restore, and transfer favorites
- Download product manuals
With the new Garmin express software, your minor bugs will be fixed automatically and your device will be more improved than before. Install it and get an adequate solution of How to update a Garmin GPS? To install it, you must have following things on your computer.
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- High-speed Internet access
- Require up to 20 GB free disk space
- OS X 10.11 or newer
- 1440 x 900 display, USB port, and 1 GB RAM
Update Garmin GPS Map using Garmin Express Software
You can download and install the software using the given link https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express. Install the software and follow the given guide to know how to update my Garmin GPS.
Note:- You must have a registered Garmin account to proceed for map updates. If you haven’t created one, then visit its official site and register your device there. Once you register it, you will have the map updates shown on your screen. Download all of them and follow the below-given instructions for further procedure.
- Connect your device with the computer first.
- Now, log on to your Garmin account
- You will have two options available on your screen, recently purchased updates and free updates
- For free updates, you can click on its option.
- Now, hit ‘download’ button and put up your product key in the required field.
- Then, follow all the appeared on-screen instructions.
- When your device will prepare for updating, you will have two options on your screen
- Click on the recommended map region and 2. Go to Advance option to choose the map region
- Choose the options as per your preference and install the updates on your screen.
- When the installation gets completed, click on ‘continue’ and then click exit.
To know more about this, get in touch with the Garmin Service Team and they will resolve your issues. For any queries and suggestions, they are always available to you.
The article consists of the information and guide on updating Garmin GPS map for free.